Thursday, October 4, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to “Figuring Myself Out”


I’m starting this blog in an attempt to do just that. It’s something I’ve been thinking of doing for a while now. You see, I’ve actually been a blogger for some time, however I needed a more anonymous venue in which to write my thoughts about some things. I need to be able to vent about frustrations and talk about aspects of my personal life that I am not yet comfortable addressing in front of friends, family, coworkers, mentors and the like on my main personal blog.

Namely, a major focus of this blog will be my journey as I seek to come to terms with my sexuality. I do not expect this to be a short process. If you’re expecting a coming out blog where I write about telling someone new every day, you may be disappointed. I’m not putting a timeline on this. It could be months, it could be years.

In fact, don’t expect daily posts. I may post a ton one week and nothing the next.

I will only be known by my initial on this blog, and I probably won’t use real names of friends either. I’m choosing to stay anonymous at this time for a reason. If you think you know me or anyone else I talk about here, please tell me privately and don’t broadcast it.

I welcome comments and feedback. Thank you for joining me on this journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Look forward to reading more and getting to know you.

Closeted said...

I just found your blog as well and can't wait to read of whats to come.

B said...

"I do not expect this to be a short process. If you’re expecting a coming out blog where I write about telling someone new every day, you may be disappointed. I’m not putting a timeline on this. It could be months, it could be years."

I understand you quite well. Interesting blog, I'm gonna pass by here more often. ;)